Thursday, August 28, 2008

a day of numbers

371 - number of days since my last blog entry.

11 - number of people who, on my whirlwind to Canada and England mentioned my blog, and reading my blog.

1 - number of people who I thought were reading my blog (my mom!).

3 - number of Korean verb forms that I could recall yesterday, when I stepped off my plane in Seoul.

8 - number of Korean verb forms that I can remember right now.

7 - number of pounds that I gained since dad and steve's visit at the end of July (and my long holiday began). (sigh)

5 - number people who have contacted me via email or text message, in the last 6 hours, to make plans.

5 - number of hours that I slept last night.

I am too tired to continue on with this, and too jet lagged. My sojourn in London was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny (pence?) spent. I wish I could have stayed longer, and the best best best part about the visit was getting to hang out with Liz-the-wonderful for FOUR WHOLE DAYS. A close second was the London Transport Museum, which was really really really fun, too. But not as fun as Liz. I am serious about the Transport Museum though. It was really interesting, especially to those oddballs like myself who (for some reason, don't ask why) LOVE the history of public transit.

Anyways. My list of things to do in London (in no particular order):
1 - sausages and mash. CHECK. (like, 3 times!)
2 - Tate Modern. CHECK.
3 - double decker bus. CHECK. (like, a million times!)
4 - visit Liz. CHECK.

Take note, Liz was a stellar hostess and it can be summed up with a simple example:
She always asked me if I wanted to ride upstairs on the bus, even if it was a short, short journey and not even worth climbing the stairs for.

I will post photos of the journey soon, and more of an update. I hope to get it done this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for a new post on your blog! I hope you had a good visit home, and I wish we could have spent more time together. We have to do some more road-tripping in the future.