Tuesday, December 19, 2006

green beans and jingle bells

Ok, so today (Monday) I have taught 5 lessons on the Holiday Season (and Christmas) in Canada. I am a bit sick of Christmas. Thank god it doesn't feel at all like Christmas here. Well, it feels a bit like November in Canada... a few decorations, a few Christmas carols, no snow and nippy weather.
That's the "jingle bells" part of this post.

Now for the "green beans" part. So, I have no idea how word travels so quickly at my school but one of my OTHER teachers asked me about the significant quantities of green beans that Rachel and I came back to Ulsan with. Yes, it was a backpack full, but we went to Costco. We're lucky they weren't selling them in 24-packs! And why on earth are my vegetable preferences making it through the grapevine anyways!

Oh well. At least it's not something bad. I mean, I just appear strange, but not psychotic or anything, right?

Also, this week, hershey's kisses instead of stickers for my kids. You should see them move their butts to get stuff done. Wow. Yay chocolate!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're having unseasonably mild weather here in Canada. There have been a couple days where I've gone outside for a smoke and wondered if it wasn't actually spring, and not the middle of December.

Neil

Elizabeth said...

word travels fast in korea... and your preferences (on everything from green beans to toilet cleaner) are probably always going to be hot topics!!! at least they aren't saying bad things about you... like the rumour that went around about me going over the district supervisors' head to the provincial guy without even trying to talk to her first... a complete load of BS since "the dork" was supposed to contact her for me but never did... good thing i got that cleared up... am i making any sense? see you friday!