Friday, June 08, 2007

I am constantly amazed...

... that I can have no idea what's going on around me most of the time (well, a lot of the time) and still find so much happiness and amusement in it all!

It's been another week of the same old-same old... another week has been taught, another week has been planned. Some words have been learned, and some have been forgotten. I have continued to gather more tiny pieces of information about those who exist primarily in Korean around me, in an effort to give my world (and their existance within it) some context.

I fear I was on the recieving end of a Korean-style Euro-Mullet yesterday at the hairdressers. Regardless, I'll happily return next month to get "ee centi" trimmed off, and a "sheympoo".

Knee is good, more stable than it's been in (possibly) a year and a half. Three cheers for self-imposed rehab! I can't tell you how weird it is not to be conscious of my knee when I'm walking - I don't think I realized that it was so uncomfortable (and sometimes painful!) when that was a part of my normal.

Next Tuesday is an English teachers' lunch meeting. I have promised to study Korean all weekend in preparation for it. This made them chuckle, but I think I also got my point across. If there is one thing I teach here in Korea, it is Canadian sarcasm. (My kids get it now, too! Har!)

There is studying to do and lesson prep to do... have a great weekend, and check facebook next week for some new photos! (the cookout, the beach, and probably this weekend, too)

No comments: