Monday, January 15, 2007

My Local Celebrity-ness.

Hee. I was in the Ulsan newspaper - colour photo - on Saturday. Why? Because I'm a non-Korean teaching an English Winter Camp through the school board. That's right, photographer and reporter showed up to my class on Friday morning. I was a bit, uh, shocked ...(could someone have warned me, I would have done something about my hair!)

But apparently everyone's pleased, my principal brought me the article today and congratulated me. Like I had anything to do with it! I was actually kind of cheesed about the whole thing, the kids lost their break because we had to do a "Katrina fakes teaching" photo shoot... and that's not really fair to them.

I don't really know what the article says, except that there are three of us waegooks (foreigners) teaching an English Camp and that it's fun and exciting for the kids. Right. I find it ironic that they came to my classroom - I'm teaching grammar and writing. Fun and excitement just oooozes. Well, I'd like to think it does, but I can be a bit delusional.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, some of us *do* get excited about grammar.

Jayson - really!

Elizabeth said...

we already knew you were famous when you were on TV in september!!! what's with all the media attention in ulsan??? we get no press here in gimhae! ttys. :)

Anonymous said...

Why do Canadians always have to leave the country before they get famous?!

Now I understand the message on your MSN Messenger. Google Reader (for RSS feeds) sometimes takes awhile to get blog feeds.