Friday, January 26, 2007

Sorry I dropped off the face of the universe...

I've been having internet problems. They are finally (almost) resolved. So I am sorry that I've dropped off the face of the universe...
On the upside, the serious lack of internet has meant time spent painting, knitting (someone will be happy to hear that I'm about 2 seconds away from being done their socks) and studying Korean. (I am now proud to say I speak at the same level as a three year old)

Here's a funny - you know when you're a kid and you're chasing your siblings around threatening a tickle attack, and you say "ticky, ticky, ticky"? The "chasing your siblings around threatening a tickle attack" sound is the same in Korean! Sweet!

Also, went to the newly renovated "Homever" (kind of like a Zellers but 1/2 groceries, 1/2 appliances, clothes and everything else under the sun but alarm clocks)... all I needed was an alarm clock (see last sentence), but was amazed by all the crazy amounts of waygook food they have! Whoa! I can now go no further than the Homever for all my nachos-salsa-and-cheese needs. However, it should be noted that it's still worth the trip to Costco... my co-workers are still teasing me about the green beans.

Oh, one more little thing... I signed my "request to renew" for my contract today. I haven't committed to a second year at my school yet, but I think I will. My evaluation was "excellent" on everything... The contract will be negotiated mid-June, but I will have the terms negotiated before then... it's not a for-sure thing, but it is a very likely thing, especially if I want to do my Masters when I come back to Canada... I really like my school, I have friends (most of whom are leaving, *sob*) and I do have a pretty sweet deal here...

3 comments:

Melbine said...

Amazing how much time I waste sitting at the computer...maybe I need to have my internet go on the blitz! Or, give it up for Lent. :)

Wow, year 2 coming up?! It's hard to believe how fast time is going. Weren't we just at Koemi's wedding?

What are you thinking of studying when you get back?

Anonymous said...

HI Kartina!

Philip here. Glad I checked out your site to find interesting stories. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much (I am going to go research kimchi now but my roommate tells me it's..'ugh'). Might as well go for it! I'm jealous.

I'll write more soon - just wanted to check in on ya. xo

p.s. I start kayaking lessons next weekend!

Elizabeth said...

hahaha!!!! you've been tagged!!! check my blog to find out on what!!! muahahahaha!!!! :)