Tuesday, February 13, 2007

last day of school!

That pretty much sums it up - last day of school and all the rowdy enthusiasm that accompanies it. I have (sadly) found out that one of my favourite teachers will not be teaching English next year! Happy for him, pity party for me! In fact, most of the teachers I teach with will not be working with me again next year... :-( The middle school rotates the teachers through grades 1, 2 and 3 because (apparently) no one really wants to teach grade 3... (the Canadian grade 9... ). I will not get my new class schedule, nor will I know who I am teaching with, until the day I arrive back at school!!

I am ROASTING today - the elementary school classrooms were cranked to 24 degrees C, and I think the staff room here may be even warmer! All of this, and it's about (plus) 10 degrees C outside... I don't even need a jacket.

I have figured out my barometer for when it's time to leave Korea and come home. The day I actually understand this place, language and culture, is the day I'll pack my bags...

No comments: