Saturday, February 17, 2007

Last update for a couple of weeks...

As I'm leaving for Incheon Airport tomorrow morning, this will be my last post for a couple of weeks... will post about China et. al. upon my return.

Check out Liz's blog for info on Lunar New Year (this weekend)...

Also, the great knee saga is ongoing, it sounds like I've pulled my MCL - good news is that the ACL problems may have been caused by MCL problems, and once the MCL is fully healed, the ACL may be much better, too? Sigh. Korean doctors are very impressed by my knowledge of knee physiology and terminology. (in Korean, ACL is pronounced Ae-she-ell). I also got a mysterious shot of something in the hip today, from the doctor... it's my first time - in Korea every time you go to the doctor, they give you a mystery shot...

Happy news of the day, three Korean teachers were looking at my Korean notebooks yesterday and told me that my writing looks like a Korean wrote it - they didn't believe at first that it was me!! AND they have also decided that microsoft should include a "Katrina" korean font, because my hanguel handwriting is so nice! WOOOT!

Also, on the subject of THONGS, Rachel and I discovered yesterday that yes, they do sell thongs in Korea (there were many many thongs at "Sexy Cookie", a lingerie chain store) but that they appear to be more common for "sexy time" (as borat would say) than for regular everyday wear... because I know you were all dying to know.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i know you're already gone... but i hope you have a fantastic time... i can't wait to meet jess!

Melbine said...

Wow, you guys are going to have the adventure of a lifetime! Lord knows the trouble you two will get into. :)

Thank you for sharing the thong info, I was dying to know...hey, aren't you concerned about that shot you got in the hip? Like, what did you do when they pulled out the needle??

Congrats on the handwriting - I have no idea what hanguel handwriting might look like but I'm sure it's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FORGET YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BECAUSE THE ONLY ONE I HAVE ON FILE IS YOUR OLD WORKPLACE EMAIL, WHICH IS PROBABLY DEACTIVATED!!!!